Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Grand Weekend and a Spectacular Husband


This past weekend I went on a girls' trip to the Grand Hotel with my good friends Ali, Brooke, and Molly. The highlight of the trip was the spa. It was fabulous and very relaxing. The weather was drizzly and cold, so it was a perfect weekend to be at the spa.


Besides the spa there was also another highlight to the trip...Ratatouille. Yes...a mouse in the main dining room of the Grand Hotel. I think I will let you read about that on Ali or Brooke's blog. I don't think my rendition of the story would do it justice since I am not really scared of mice. Now Ali and Brooke were another story! I will say that after seeing the mouse in the dining room we played a cruel trick on Ali - mouse, bed, you get the picture:)

Despite the mouse incident this weekend was wonderful. Great friends, great food, great fun! We are already looking forward to next year's trip! We are all so thankful for our wonderful husbands who took on the job of "Mr. Mom" to give us the weekend away.





And now to the spectacular husband...I already knew that I had the most wonderful husband, but this weekend really confirmed it. This was the first time that he kept both boys for a whole weekend. I will admit that I was a little nervous - not because he isn't great with them but because I had never left Barrett overnight until this weekend. Never once did Jay complain or want a break from the boys. I tried to get him a babysitter so that he could have a couple of hours off, but he wanted to do it all himself. He even got the boys up on Sunday morning and took them both to Sunday school and church. And what a surprise to come home to a clean house too! I must say that I have the most wonderful husband ever. Thank you, Jay! You are the greatest husband and daddy. I appreciate you, and your boys greatly admire you! We love you!

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

LOVE the makeup! Wow - you look fabulous:))) did you do something different?!?!? Anyway thanks for putting the pressure on....it may take a few days for me to work on my post!!!

Joanna said...

What a great dad and hubby! Count me in on the trip next year. I hate that I had to miss out on the fun.

:) joanna