Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Should I Be Worried?

Oops...didn't mean for this to be so long. If you don't feel like reading it just skip to the pictures of Barrett pretending to be our dog!


I've posted before about how Barrett completely ADORES our bulldog Jazabelle. If I don't let him play with her for just a few seconds before coming inside he pitches a fit. You should see his eyes light up when he sees her. Since that last post Jazabelle has officially earned her way back to an inside dog. Let me back up...before Jay and I got married he got her for me as a "wedding present". Yes, he also gave me a "real" wedding present the day of our wedding, but I will have to say she was a special wedding present too (but I always joked with Jay, "You gave me a wedding present that is going to die. Is that a bad sign?"). She started out with us in our first little home on Cherry Street. I forgot how much we babied her until I was looking at pictures from back then (frequent visits to TCBY, her own baby pool, a spot right between us in the bed...). We were always told that when kids came she would take a back seat. "Never," we thought (right). Then we moved to our house in Grove Hill and she became a "floor sleeper" and eventually a playroom dog. And then the unthinkable happened. We moved to our new house and she became a garage dog. Well, after a year and a half in the garage (which she did not like) she has somehow earned her right back in the house. Maybe it is how much Barrett loves her. And every day Jaz starts to love Barrett more and more. She sits right beside him when he eats because he always "thoughtfully" puts food in her mouth. Now to the "Should I Be Worried?" part. All of a sudden Barrett is really starting to resemble Jazabelle. Check out these pictures from the play room today. He finds a toy and puts it in his mouth. He makes noises and then he proceeds to play while keeping a tight grip on whatever is in his mouth. You can see that he has traveled the playroom without thinking about letting go of his "prize toy". Do you think maybe he thinks he is a dog. I guess we'll know if he starts barking before he talks:) I sure am glad Jazabelle has someone who loves her so much. She deserves that!


post signature

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

This is Hilarious! Miss yall.

Ford Family said...

Too cute! I think he is looking more like his big brother!! :)

The Dilworth Family said...

So funny! I saw that Jaz was in the laundry room tonight...thought maybe it was a fluke. I am so glad she's back to being a member of the fam. Barrett is going to be her best friend forever!