Just a little update on Barrett's one year appointment. He is now on the chart for height (and actually grew 2 whole inches in a little over a month! He went from 27 inches to 29 inches.) I think he is now in about the 15th-20th percentile. If you didn't know we had a little worry at his 9 month appointment about his dip in height and had to go to the hospital for blood work. Dr. Smalley assured me that he didn't think anything was wrong but wanted to be safe (something could have possibly been wrong with his thyroid, which would have been treatable). Thankfully, everything came back as normal. Sure enough he hit a growth spurt last month, and we are glad he is now on the chart! Way to go Barrett! We are proud of you :)
As far as weight goes the little chunk has slimmed down a little and is now at 19 pounds. Not much gain since his last check-up. His percentile for weight is now about the same as height.
No shots today (thank goodness...you should have heard him cry when Dr. Smalley looked at him and listened to his chest! I am sure the shots would have really ruined his day:) He has had a little of an upset tummy for the past few days, so I will take him back later this week for the shots. I am sure all the birthday sweets aren't helping the upset tummy. I will be posting birthday pics tonight from his family party, which was very small but very fun!







2 comments:
You need to keep growing bear bear so you will be taller than me if we go out on a date sometime:}
~Stirling
Yay Barrett! I'm sure you feel relieved!
Post a Comment