Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hudson Talk

One day I am going to want to remember all of these funny little things that my 3-year-old says. Here are just a few from recent days...

Hudson (while building a house with wooden blocks - 3 tall cylinders on the back)
Hudson: "I'm going to put these mustaches here for Santa to go down"
Me: "What are those?"
Hudson: "You know, the mustache that Santa comes down to get in the house."

Hudson (while eating breakfast at Chappy's and said in pure amazement)
"Look, Mama, it's the lady that took ToTo!" (yes, she did favor the old lady/witch from the Wizard of Oz a little, but I assured him that it wasn't her and that she was a sweet lady)
and
"Why doesn't that man have any hair?" (I guess he hasn't been exposed much to bald people?)

Hudson (while "reading" a book to himself on the couch)
"Mama, is this book for grown-ups like me?"

Part of a prayer last week
Hudson: "God please forgive me for complaining."
Me: "What were you complaining about?"
Hudson: "When you tell me what to wear. I won't complain anymore."

And prayer time tonight...
Hudson: "Dear God, thank you for the wonderful day and for all the families and weeks (he starts off like this every night without fail!) Thank you, God, for keys and for cats. Dear God please help Santa to get Jingles (our elf on the shelf) here safely soon. Amen."
Me: "What can you ask God to forgive you for?"
Hudson: "Please forgive me for aggravating Barrett. I won't do that again. Amen."

post signature

2 comments:

Robyn Herring said...

I LOVE it! These are some of my favorite posts when people write what their kids say. So cute!

Ford Family said...

He is the cutest..the other day, while he was driving Mackenzie's super girly pink barbie jeep (Jay would be so proud), he said "excuse me dog"...he has the best manners, ever! :)