Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy, Happy...18 months!

Our little Bear Bear is 18 months old today!




His Personality...

  • He has such a different personality than his brother. For the most part he is easy going and takes everything in. On the other hand he does have a temper and can throw some major fits (which even include banging his head on the floor until you would think he would have a goose egg). Luckily this doesn't happen too often:) He is such a hugging, loving little one which of course just melts my heart! Definitely a Mommy's boy right now, but he sure does love his daddy too!

Sleeping...


  • Every night when I put him to sleep I sing Hush Little Baby, You are My Sunshine, the Itsy Bitsy Spider (which he loves doing the motions to), and then finish with Jesus Loves Me two times. Before singing the last time I lay him down and rub he face while I sing. Every night he just smiles and then yawns one time - like clockwork! It is so sweet and I don't ask his Daddy to put him to bed much because I love our quiet time together. My mom is amazed at how well he goes to sleep - no crying at all. I say, "You learn from mistakes with the first one!" I was still having to stay in Hudson's room until he was asleep when he was 2 - yikes! And he still has trouble going to sleep alone. Maybe when they start sharing a room Barrett's good nighttime habits will rub off on Hudson.


Growing...

  • Height: It seems like Barrett has hit a major growth spurt. He has outgrown lots of clothes it seems like in a matter of a few days. Everything is too short.


  • Teeth: His teeth are filling in too. He has 10. 8 in the front and then 2 in the back on his top and bottom right. I'm hoping he has those teeth on the left. They are being mighty slow.

Bear Bear Loves...


  • Music: Barrett loves to dance and sing! My good friend, Caroline, got married a few weeks ago, and he danced and danced. He also loves to dance with his brother and be super silly while dancing. Arms, legs, and little bodies are flying everywhere when those 2 get going. He also loves singing - songs he makes up are always fun to listen to and then he loves to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Jesus Loves Me". Both are so cute and sweet.

  • Books: Thanks to Honey (my mom) we have lots and lots of books in our house. Barrett and Hudson both love them and will look at books for hours (which is nice for Mommy:)



Bad Habits...


  • Biting: Barrett has been biting his brother (a lot!) Any suggestions? He now will bite and look and me and say "Pop Pop" or just walk straight to the spoon. Maybe one good bite back from Hudson would cure the biting?


  • Climbing: Barrett is such a climber and climbs on everything! He climbs on our breakfast table and just puts on the biggest smile. He also climbs all the way up our play set and then slides down all by himself. He's a little monkey!

We sure do love our little Bear Bear and are so thankful to God for such a sweet, loving little boy! We are looking forward to another year filled with curiosity, wonder, and many more milestones!

Happy 18 month birthday Barrett!






post signature

2 comments:

Robyn Herring said...

What a cutie! He is growing up way too fast!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Galmimores! Congrats on your wonderful news. A new baby! Travis and I are thrilled for your family. Take care and you are in our prayers! Elizabeth, Travis and Mason.