Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tag - I'm it!

10 honest things about me (in no particular order):

1. I’m a big procrastinator. Those that know me well aren’t surprised! And it’s even worse with pregnancy hormones flowing, although some days (a few days) I do get on a roll and get more things accomplished than I think. I’m ready for some more energy to return to this tired, expanding body!

2. I love chocolate in any shape, form, or fashion! Hershey’s nuggets with almonds and toffee are by far the best! Be careful…they are very addictive!

3. It bothers me if I can’t dress my kiddos somewhat alike. Isn’t that sad? They don’t have to be perfectly matching, but they have to look somewhat similar. In the past when I shopped (on e bay mostly) it was a mission to find things that matched for them. On my new part-time working budget that isn’t AS possible, but I still try. I know I am definitely going to have to let go of that when number 3 gets here. I’m sure Hudson will be very excited about that! Now Barrett and the new baby will have to put up with me!

4. I am a big Beth Moore fan! I think she is such an amazing woman and really get more excited about doing her Bible studies than much else. I definitely need a Bible study group to help keep me accountable for reading and studying the Word daily. There’s nothing better than fellowship and discussion with other Christian women.

5. I miss teaching elementary school A LOT! There are definitely things I don’t miss (paperwork, work at home, meetings, etc.) and I am loving the time at home with my little ones and teaching pre-school, but I am really excited about going back one day. I think often about teaching and miss being there. I knew when I left last year that it wasn’t for good. I am glad to realize that I still love my profession and have just as much a passion for what I do as I did the first year I taught.

6. I really think baby #3 is another boy. Like Ali, I have had a dream about a little girl, but I still think boy. In fact Hudson has started calling the baby him. I pretty much feel the same as with the others (or at least as far as I can remember) And the biggest reason I think it’s a boy is because my friend Ashleigh is having girl #3. We’ve been pregnant with all our babies together. She’s had the girls, and I’m sure I’ll have all the boys! That’s perfectly fine with me! I love my little boys! The hardest part will be thinking of another boy name.

7. I love nature. When we go riding through the woods on my parents’ land it is a feeling like no other. It is all so beautiful and if you think about it just such a miracle of God. The more I think about it the more in awe I am. There’s just nothing like being in part of God’s undisturbed creation. I can't wait for my little ones to be old enough to go camping like my dad and I used to do!

8. I love drawing, painting, and creating things. I might not be great at it, but it is one of the most relaxing things to me.

9. I do not like folding clothes. I don’t mind washing and drying them, but folding them and putting them away sure is a pain to me. There is the procrastination again!

10. Ali, ditto to what you said (and thanks for letting me steal your picture!). I have an amazing group of Godly friends that are such a support system for me. I couldn’t imagine life without them. No matter how long I’ve known each of them it seems like we’ve been friends forever! I love you all!


Now TAG - you're it...Ashleigh Thompson, Shea Ford, Brandy Wynn


post signature

3 comments:

Brandy said...

It must be nap time, cause all of us are on the computer! :) I am so with you on the "procrastination"-I like to blame it on adult ADD! I get a lot done, but NEVER anything that is on the "to-do" list! I will do anything to avoid doing what I really need to be doing! BTW-anytime you want to come visit the classroom you are more than welcome to come to mine! I LOVE my job but could do without the paperwork! Okay, see I am writng a LONG comment just to avoid doing the tag post! I will get it done tonight.....maybe!
One more thing-I really want to get in on the next Beth Moore bible study group! Let me know if you start another one!

Wilson's Winners said...

I'm SO VERT proud girl!

Robyn Herring said...

God bless you for missing teaching enough to want to go back one day. We need teachers like you, for sure! I'd rather homeschool my children for their entire school career than go back! Oh, and I definitely am with you on the procrastination!