Moms of four-year-olds, how many questions do you think you answer every day? Some mornings on our way to pre-school I feel like I've already answered 100 questions and I know that on our way home I will answer 100 more...but I love it (most of the time)! I love the curiosity of a little mind. And I love the fact that sometimes I really have to think to answer some of Hudson's questions. Tonight's question and answer session on the way home from renting a movie was so precious and I could just see those little gears moving...
Hudson: How do people know where to go when they want to go somewhere? (out of the blue...that's how most of our q & a sessions start!)
Me: Well you have to learn to look for signs to help you or read directions to learn the way? It is kind of like how we have to listen to God and read the Bible to know where we should go and what we should do each day.
Hudson: So God helps us get home to our house. He's in the car with us. And then he goes inside with us and we shut and lock the door and he is there with us inside our house. And he stays there, right? (and if you could really hear him talking it would sound more like rriiiiiiiiggggghhht?)
Me: That's right, God is always with us and will never leave us.
Hudson: Well how does God stay with everyone - are there lots of Gods?
Me: No, there is only one God, but he is so special that he can watch over all of us and be with us all time.
Hudson: Wow! So like he is really fast and he can go see everyone really fast when he needs to? He's magic!
God is "magic", isn't he? There are many days that I think my children teach me much more than I teach them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged." Deutoronomy 31:8
This has been one of Hudson's scripture memory verses. I wish I had it on video for you to hear, but I have not been good about videoing lately - so - below is Hudson's version typed. I never get tired of hearing him say it. I guess pretty soon I should correct him so that he will learn it right, but it's just so cute!
Hudson's version: "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor sake you. Do not be inscouraged. Do not be afraid." Deutoronomy 31:8
Friday, April 24, 2009
Q & A
Posted by
The Galimore Family
at
9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Precious! Hudson has had such a pure sweet heart from day one!
That is too cute! I love the way that Hudson says his verse. They just melt your heart!
Post a Comment