The boys have some new favorite activities...
Hudson has been begging to take karate lessons and even checked out a karate book at the library yesterday. Ever since he watched a video of Jay doing karate as a little boy he has been very interested. So I called the Karate Academy yesterday and ... Today was his first lesson. He LOVED every minute of it. And I guess I'm going to be "that mom"...I teared up (really bad) watching him at his first lesson. Don't know why but I just couldn't help it. Maybe it was because he looked like such a big boy out there. No, it's probably just that I tear up at every single thing my kids do for the first time. Haven't had a non-teary school program yet, and I'm sure I never will. I'll be real honest and say I'm in NO hurry for him to grow up and sure wish I could slow him down a little...he is VERY challenging but so much fun too!
.JPG)
And then there is Barrett's new thing...
He really wants to learn how to swim...and he thinks that he can. He has learned to hold his breath under water and to move himself to the top of the water. Looks like he is drowing every time, but he always comes up with a smile. He is far from really swimming, but hey, it's a start. Our little fishy just finished his first round of Swimmer's Ear drops because of all his time under water. Imagine putting drops in an ACTIVE 2-year-old's ears 3 times a day and having them lie still on one side for 20 minutes each time! Glad those are finished:)
Happy Friday Everyone from the Galimores!







4 comments:
Jenny, love that Hudson is taking Karate! He does look like such a big boy and Barrett is so stinkin cute!
I giggled a little, b/c before I finished reading I thought Jay was presently doing karate & then I read childhood videos! No offense Jay!!! = )
This brings back so many memories. Adam took karate for years.
Such cuties! And I'm sure I'll be "that mom" too as soon as Evynne starts mother's day out and extracurricular stuff. Where does the time go?!
Post a Comment