Friday, July 30, 2010

Callaway Gardens

Yesterday we ventured to Callaway Gardens for a fun-filled day!

We were especially excited that our Zizzie got to come along with us!

The first thing we did was watch the birds of prey show. Yesterday the Great Horned Owl was the feature bird. It was neat to watch but HOT!

And then we got to see what bird of prey we were as big as. Barrett was a Perrigren Falcon

Hudson was a bigger perrigren falcon...

and Zizzie was a Great Horned Owl!

We hiked the trails to the butterfly center where we saw all kinds of cool butterflies. Barrett had a minor melt down in the butterfly center. I guess a 3 year-old had to have one per day. Glad that was over with for the rest of the day!
We visited the little pioneer cabin which was great for the boys to see what people used to live like. It really shows how spoiled we are today!

Here they are in the one-room cabin! It is hard to imagine eating and sleeping all in the same room. And of course there was no indoor bathroom.

Then we headed to the "beach" where we met up with my cousin and his family. The boys had so much fun swimming with Riley and Meredith.

After the beach we tried to rent a paddle boat, but it was to long of a wait...so we found putt putt. And Hudson even made a hole in one! Here he is, so proud, on the hole!

To bring our day to and end we went to see the High Flying Circus. If you have never been I highly recommend it. It is all acrobats and a great show! The boys sat wide eyed for the whole thing and Barrett told me several times "I can do that! I'm three!" I see a broken bone in our near future! It was a great day...lots of fun...and especially no arguing or wrestling between Hudson and Barrett all day long! See you soon Callaway Gardens!

post signature

2 comments:

The Muncies said...

i did not know about the putt putt!! we got a family pass when we went last week. can't wait to go back and enjoy some of that! We pooped out at lunch time and headed back!

Amy said...

Thanks Jenny!! So good to hear from you. :) I would sooo love to get to see the boys, I can't believe how big they have gotten!! Sometimes when you post a pic. of Barrett I think that it has to be Hudson because there is no way he is already that big!! :) I bet we will come to some games this fall so I will definitely give you a call :) Hope everything is going great with yall and tell Hudson I said hello :)