Our Little Acrobat (a.k.a. Barrett) took his first hard tumble last night. He was on the playset and somehow just flipped himself right off the TOP to the ground below. He took a really hard (loud) fall and came up screaming. There was no swelling or bruising, but as the night went on he keep crying out and saying how bad it hurt. When I asked him what he was doing when he fell he tried to tell me something about a pig he had seen flipping off something...no telling. I have been saying for over a month that I am waiting on a broken bone from this child. He is trouble with a capital T, but he is lots of fun! I wouldn't trade our little stinker for anything.
So...off we went to the Orth. Clinic this morning for x-rays and as I proceeded to tell the doctor that I didn't think it was broken he interrupts with "It's Broke!" At least just a small fracture in the wrist and not a big break. So, a cast will be on for 2 weeks and then he will be re-evaluated. And just when I thought maybe, just maybe, he has learned his lesson Barrett tells the man putting on his cast that he is going to jump and come get the other one done too! Oh my! What do we have in store for the teenage years?
Say a little prayer for Barrett's healing, please:) And for the Mommy that has to tell him over and over that he can't take the cast off or get it wet or dirty (is that possible with a little boy?). He is going to be miserable by the end of 2 weeks:) This is Barrett's first cast but I am sure not his last!







2 comments:
Praying for a fast recovery, so his mama Shea won't have to worry any longer about him getting diry/wet at preschool! :)
XOXOXO Bear Bear!!!!!!
love, the wilson girls
Post a Comment