Thank you all for your prayers today. Everything went really well, and we have such a peace now. Through this hard time I have realized how blessed I am to have a relationship with the Lord who loves all of us so! I can't imagine facing any trials without him. A sweet friend sent some Bible verses for encouragement. This one was with me today -
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10.
Isn't it good to know that He is always with us and will always strengthen us in and through our trials.
I guess I should be tired and sleeping right now, but for some reason when I take pain meds they make me WIRED! I felt like I needed to accomplish something tonight, so I painted (theraputic for me) a couple of birthday invitations for the boys (Thomas, your's will be next:). The song below must have played a hundred times in my head while I painted. I'm not sure what made it start, but it kept playing over and over - reminding me that He never leaves us and we are called to praise Him even in the storms of our life. This song has always been a favorite, but it means more to me now than ever. It's words will forever remind me of this time and my compassionate Father who was beside me through it all and holding each and every tear that was shed. What a loving, caring God we serve!
Praise You In This Storm – Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
God, you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again
I say "Amen" and it’s still raining
But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I’m with you
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away
And I’ll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
You are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I cry
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and earth







6 comments:
Jenny...What a sweet heart you do have. You were in my t & p throughout my day yesterday!! I'm so glad that I am able to enjoy your 1st blessing each week--he's such a cute little stinker & through that I have been blessed with a great friend in you!!! I'll call you tomorrow, I was going to run a little something over to you and your boys!! :) Hugs! --shea
LOVE YOU! So glad the verse was encouraging!!! We missed you tonight:-)
So glad to hear everything went well and your attitude is amazing! We will continue to pray for you and the whole fam.
You are all I thought about Friday amongst my crazy cupcake baking. I didn't call because I just didn't know what to say. Karlee really enjoyed Hudson coming over Friday night. They officially took everything out of the toy box. I think Hudson liked decorating cupcakes for the family!
Jenny....reading your posts, it's so clear what an amazing relationship you have with Him. You are an inspiration to us all. Hudson's comment about Mary was so loving and true. We are thinking of you and your family tonight.
-The Spratlin Family
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya!
Post a Comment