Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We got some sad news at our 12 week doctor appointment this morning. Our little one's heart had stopped beating. I know so many others have been through this, which now breaks my heart even more for them. Now that I have been there I know their pain - to hear in an ultrasound "I'm so sorry" is hard. There is definitely a bond there with a child no matter how far along you are in your pregnancy. After constantly thinking about the baby for the past few months and what to eat and do to keep him safe and healthy it's going to be hard to not think about him in the days ahead. It will be hard, but we know to trust in the Lord and his plans for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my sweet, thoughtful friends. Your phone calls and e-mails and offers to help in any way are such a ministry of love. Your thoughts and prayers mean more to us than anything, and I thank you all! We rest in the hope that we will have Baby #3 one day - even if it's not when we had originally thought. I think the hardest thing for us to do was to tell Hudson. He has been so excited about the baby. I knew he would take it well though. I told him that the baby had to go the Heaven to be with Mom (Jay's grandmother) because she loved holding her great grandbabies. He smiled and was so happy for Mom to have him, yet he still insisted that he wanted the baby. Then he said, "But I think Mary takes care of all the babies there." Me: "You mean Jesus's mommy Mary." Hudson: "Yes, she takes care of all the babies because she's a good mommy there." What a sweet thought! I'm so thankful for the two precious boys I do have:) God IS good and we ARE blessed!

P.S. - Thank you Bunko girls for making me laugh tonight, laughing at me (you know who you are:), and putting up with my tears. You are all great!

post signature

13 comments:

The Cleggs said...

Jenny, We have only met a few times with Molly/Ali and yes, I am a confessed blog stalker...but when I read your post, my heart just went out to you. I am so sorry for the loss and please know that you are in my prayers!
In HIM, Jennifer

The Langfords said...

You are not alone. I know first hand the sadness you are feeling. Please know you are in my prayers.

Heather said...

praying for you in bham.

Molly said...

We love you girl. Let us know if there is anything we can do on Friday to help. Hang in there. God has His hand on you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear this. When Chad told me last night I had no idea what to say. I know the sadness that you are feeling but know that God has everything in his hands. You and the fam will be in my prayers.

Wilson's Winners said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," Declares the Lord, ~ Jeremiah 29:27. Jenny, something good will come of this, I promise.

Stay strong. We love you and hang in there. Please let Molly and I bring you dinner Friday - whatever you want!!!

P.S. BUNKO was fun last night!!!

thebarronfam said...

Oh Jenny... I am so sorry. I am so glad that you have your friends and your faith to help you get throught this time. Please know that you are in our prayers and that God is always in control! Sending hugs and love your way.

The Muncies said...

So sorry to hear this...we have been there and know that it is so much harder than you'd ever imagine. Many prayers for yall!

Robyn Herring said...

Oh Jenny, I am so sad to read this. I am crying and praying for you right now. I am so glad you have your faith and the Great Comforter to lean on in times like this. I recommend reading James. It's what our Bible study is on right now and how we are to "consider it all joy when we face trials of many kinds". Not joy for the loss, but joy that Christ will make you stronger in this and that His plan is perfect. Okay, I don't want to be preachy. I hate that. Just know we love you and are praying for you!

Brandy said...

Love you, Jenny! I have not been able to stop thinking about you all day! God has a wonderful plan for you and your sweet family. I know what you are going through and how you feel! I am praying for you and if there is ANYTHING I can do for you, let me know!

Sarah said...

Jenny, We are with you in this time of sadness and we will be with you in your upcoming joys. So good to see you last night, you are truly an inspiration and the best Mom ever!

Perri Speigner said...

Jenny, as I read your blog tears are flowing. You are so strong! You and your family are in our prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Seth, Ashley, Katelyn & Carson said...

Jenny, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a strong person and I know that the Lord has great plans in store!