Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tough Day

Today Barrett had his 18 month well visit (a month late:) He does not like the doctor's office one bit! The moment he saw Nurse Jackie he started crying (really hard)! Luckily we brought Hudson along this time, and that ended up being the trick! Right when Dr. Smalley came in Barrett cried (really, really hard) so Dr. Smalley doctored Hudson first (looked in his ears, throat, etc.) And then Barrett thought it was okay. This was the first time EVER that Barrett didn't scream when his ears were looked in, and he opened his little mouth right up when Dr. Smalley asked him to. Thanks, Hudson, for being our helper! Well, shots were a different story! We got 2 today, which Barrett thought was 2 too many! Tonight we noticed him limping around the house. His poor little leg has really been bothering him since the shot. I've heard lots of "ow"s today. I am hoping the Tylenol will help him sleep through the night:)

And he's definitely growing! He's in the 95% for weight and the 100% for height! Just kidding:) He weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds 14 ounces and was 31 1/4 inches tall! And the most exciting thing is that he is back on the chart (I think 5th percentile for both). If you looked closely at the picture above you will see that Barrett is definitely in need of some new jammies! Really, they are just some of my favorites, and I am back to making him wear one piece pajamas. That's another story...

post signature

3 comments:

Seth, Ashley, Katelyn & Carson said...

He is too precious!

Robyn Herring said...

He's so cute! Let me guess - he's taking off the PJ bottoms AND his diaper? We definitely went through that phase and one piece jammies are a lifesaver!

Ford Family said...

Bear-Bear...Can I just squeeeezzzeee that little toe, please??? xoxo.."mama-shea" :)